Monday, January 18, 2010

More Car Transport Companies Should Offer Enclosed Car Trailers


I didn’t know this until I was planning a cross-country move, but car transport companies use two kinds of a car trailers: open and enclosed.

For most purposes, open auto trailers are sufficient. They cost less for both you and the transport company, because they typically haul about 8 to 10 cars. However, open trailers leave your car vulnerable to the elements, which can lead to weather damage.

I have a 1957 Thunderbird that I restored myself, and I wasn’t about to let my baby get rained and snowed on during its trip across the country. That’s why a chose an enclosed car trailer. It cost a little extra, but I was paying for security, protection, and even convenience, since you don’t have to schedule a car wash before shipment for an inspection.

Not all car transport companies offer both open and enclosed car trailers, but I made sure to find a service that did. That way, I didn’t have to stress out about the shipping process—I knew my T-bird would arrive looking as fantastic as ever, and it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment